Strategic focus areas
We are guided by a strategic framework developed in consultation with staff, the Management Committee, funders and other stakeholders. This strategic framework has three areas of focus:
- Organisational excellence
- We are guided by an evidence-based/evidence informed, best practice approach to road safety and alcohol and other drugs education.
- We place priority on meeting the needs of all children and young people in WA.
- We are guided by current WA curriculum, legislation and evidence, including the Health Promoting Schools Framework.
- Professional learning.
- Promotion of mental health and wellbeing.
- Implementation of effective policy and procedures.
- Innovative strategies.
- We support schools and the wider community to implement a comprehensive approach to resilience, road safety and alcohol and other drugs education.
- We communicate to a wide audience the importance of resilience, road safety, and alcohol and other drugs education, and confirm our leadership role in this area.
- We are a key player in decision making, policy influence and coordination in road safety and alcohol and other drugs education.
- Use research to guide best practice.
- Implement the marketing and communication plan.
- Enhance our reputation.
- Partner with key stakeholders.
- Engage with parents and school communities.
- Be responsive, accessible and inclusive.
- Our culture supports accountable, transparent, effective and fair practices.
- Our team is qualified, skilled and committed.
- A healthy, safe, respectful and inclusive workplace.
- A qualified and skilled workforce.
- Optimal governance and operational practices.
- Core business and future directions guided by a strategic framework.
- Applied learnings from current literature and relevant legislation.