Keys4Life is a comprehensive, national award-winning, evidence-based, pre-driver education program. It assists schools, agencies and parents to educate young people about safer road use and provides licensing and school graduation benefits. At the 2017 Australian Road Safety Awards, Keys4Life was awarded the best Community Program in Australia and also received the Founder’s Award for Outstanding Achievements, an award that cannot be entered but is awarded by the panel to recognise achievement.
One-day Keys4Life professional learning workshop
The one-day workshop supports those participants working with young people aged 15 years and above in a school or non-school setting providing them with the opportunity to:
- unpack the Keys4Life resources
- explore young driver issues, the link between driving practice and reduced crash risk, and the process for gaining a driver’s licence in Western Australia
- observe a range of teaching strategies that can be used to develop young people’s knowledge, skills, attitudes and values
- consider the requirements associated with administering the program including authority to administer the Learner’s Permit Theory Test
- understand how to enrol students in the Keys4Life endorsed program for WACE recognition and/or unit equivalence.
The workshop is free, lunch is provided, and certificates of participation will be issued on completion. SDERA will provide support for teacher relief.
Participants must attend the workshop to receive a free copy of the Keys4Life resource and be authorised to conduct the Learner’s Permit Theory Test at a school site.
Eligibility to enrol
All participants must have a teaching/education degree (and current registration with the Teacher Registration Board of WA) OR a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification to attend this workshop.
Length of workshop
The workshop commences at 8:30am and concludes at 3:00pm.
Browse our metropolitan workshop calendar to register for workshops in the metropolitan area.
Browse our regional workshop calendar to register for workshops in the regional areas.
Places in SDERA workshops are limited and we ask that you make a commitment to attend once you have registered. If you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible so that we are able to offer your place to another applicant.
For further information on the Keys4Life Program please contact firstname.lastname@example.org