Challenges and Choices: Teaching and assessing with purpose
This hands-on workshop for school staff working with Kindergarten to Year 6 students will provide opportunity for participants to:
- consider the mandated Health and Physical Education (HPE) syllabus, the guiding principles for teaching, learning and assessment and recognise the integrated relationship between curriculum, pedagogy and assessment
- unpack SDERA’s Challenges and Choices teacher resources and assessment tasks, and consider how they can be used within alcohol and other drug related HPE lessons
- consider how to modify activities and assessments to suit diverse student needs
- participate in and practice teaching strategies that will assist in classroom management and develop students’ social and emotional skills and build resilience
- commence planning a teaching program using the Challenges and Choices resources and assessment tasks.
The workshop is free, lunch is provided and certificates of participation will be issued on completion. SDERA will also cover the cost of teacher relief.
Participants should have an understanding of the Western Australian Curriculum and Assessment Outline and in particular the HPE syllabus.
Eligibility to enrol
Anyone who works with students from Kindergarten to Year 6 will find the workshop useful.
Length of workshop
The workshop commences at 9:00am and concludes at 3:00pm.
- Browse our metropolitan workshop calendar to register for workshops in the metropolitan area.
- Browse ourregional workshop calendar to register for workshops in the regional areas.
Places in SDERA workshops are limited and we ask that you make a commitment to attend once you have registered. If you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible so that we are able to offer your place to another applicant.
For further information on Challenges and Choices contact email@example.com