Wraparound: Day 1
This workshop is for all school staff and provides participants with the opportunity to:
- consolidate or extend learning on alcohol and other drugs (AOD), including methamphetamine
- introduce and work with models and frameworks to increase awareness of AOD use and how this may impact young people
- deepen your understanding of guiding structures that will support staff in taking appropriate, role relevant action where concerns exist around student AOD use
- explore and work through support strategies and skills that can strengthen staff confidence to engage and work with students for whom AOD use may be an issue.
The workshop is free, lunch is provided and certificates of participation will be issued on completion. SDERA will provide support for teacher relief.
Wraparound requires participants to commit to two days of professional development. Day 1 covers the above content and Day 2 builds capacity of school staff. Day 2 should be attended two to three months after attending the Day 1 workshop.
Modules 1-5 of the Wraparound resource are available online and must be completed as required reading prior to attending Day 1. Access to Modules 6-10 (also online but locked) will be provided after attendance this workshop. A hard copy of the resource and toolkit will also be provided.
- Browse our metropolitan workshop calendar to register for workshops in the metropolitan area.
- Browse our regional workshop calendar to register for workshops in the regional areas.
Places in SDERA workshops are limited and we ask that you make a commitment to attend once you have registered. If you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible so that we are able to offer your place to another applicant.
For further information on Wraparound: Day 1 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org