Safer Kids: Challenges and Choices (K-6)
The workshop supports school staff working with Kindergarten to Year 6 students and covers:
• Challenges and Choices teacher resources for Pre-primary to Year 6
• Resilience, drug and road safety content mapped to the WA Health and Physical Education syllabus
• Skills mapped to the Personal and Social Capability that develop students’ resilience using Challenges and Choices learning activities
• Drug education assessment tasks
• Up-to-date Australian data and statistics on drug use and road trauma
• Teaching and learning strategies to transfer into classroom practice
• Planning teaching and learning programs
The workshop is free, lunch is provided and certificates of participation will be issued on completion. SDERA will also cover the cost of teacher relief.
Participants should have an understanding of the Western Australian Curriculum and Assessment Outline.
Eligibility to register
Anyone who works with students from Kindergarten to Year 6 will find the workshop useful.
Length of workshop
The workshop commences at 8:30am and concludes at 3:00pm.
Browse our metropolitan workshop calendar to register for workshops in the metropolitan area.
Browse our regional workshop calendar to register for workshops in the regional areas.
Places in SDERA workshops are limited and we ask that you make a commitment to attend once you have registered. If you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible so that we are able to offer your place to another applicant.
For further information on Safer Kids: K-Year 6 please contact email@example.com