Keeping in Touch
This two day workshop supports those working with Kindergarten to Year 12 students. This is not a curriculum-focused workshop.
This two day workshop provides participants with the opportunity to:
- enhance their awareness of the impacts of drug use on young people
- explore a range of theoretical frameworks and models for drug use behaviour
- explore early intervention strategies that broaden the range of approaches to managing challenging behaviour
- consider inclusive and positive interactions to engage and support all students including School Drug Education Guidelines.
The course is free. Certificates of participation will be issued on completion of the workshop.
Participants should have an understanding of best practice school drug education.
Eligibility to enrol
To register for this workshop, attendance at Safer Kids or Safer Teens (Alcohol and Cannabis), and Getting it Together: A whole school approach to drug education workshop conducted by SDERA is required.
“The workshop was well presented and let me practice ways to ‘interview’ young people to find out what is happening in their life and also what help they need. I feel more confident now to have these conversations.”
"I work with some challenging students in my role and was looking to find a workshop that would give me a few more models and strategies to use when trying to start up a conversation. Keeping in Touch did all that!"
Length of workshop
The workshop commences at 8:30am each day and concludes at 3:00pm.
1. Please call SDERA on 9402 6266 to register for this workshop.
2. Places in SDERA workshops are limited and we ask that you make a commitment to attend once you have been registered. If you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible so that we are able to offer your place to another applicant.
Please contact your Regional Consultant to enquire when the workshop will be offered in your region.